Thursday, February 18, 2016

Honesty

I wanted this blog to be about writing, but I've got too much on my mind, so much I want to say which isn't politically correct or even remotely optimistic. Since I can't and don't have to live by anyone's expectations, I'm just going to say what I want, and haters can keep on hating.

I'm appalled by the latest tweets of Kayne West...I mean, I suffer from poverty too, like most people nowadays. I can't even afford to market my own book. But West...he can buy Kim a 3 million dollar engagement ring, do 500 dollar haircuts, then have the nerve to ask Google to pay his debts instead of building a school in Africa. Let's assume Kayne is right, and he's the greatest musical talent to have ever lived. Get over yourself man. You're just a singer. There's a holocaust in Syria, with millions of refugees. These schools which you don't think are important in Africa, they're the only chance some people get for education, their sole crime is being born in the wrong place, and of the wrong color. But who cares, they're only Arabs and Blacks who suffer right? oh, wait...you're black too...no...still not good enough to think about anyone else. 53 million dollar in debt? How about you sell Kim's ring, perhaps sell some of your property and I don't know, skip fancy dinners and 500$ haircuts. Maybe live in a normal apartment like everyone else, and work until you pay off your debts. It's not like a disaster struck your life, no...it's your lavish lifestyle, the choices you made. If I can pay off my debts so can you. After all, I'm just a nobody from the middle-east. You...you're Kanye West. The greatest musical talent of our generation.

On a personal note: People are people, period. Blacks, whites, purple, red. All I see is people. Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddaist, Neopagan...these are just belief systems. Having the "correct" belief system does not make you better. Being born in a certain country does not make you better. Nobody's Saved, or the Chosen One. We're all just people. Your actions, and only your actions dictate who you are, and what you're worth. You are not the sum of paper money or lack thereof in your bank. You are who you choose to be, by action and sometimes self-sacrifice.

Feel free to disagree,
Amit.

No comments:

Post a Comment