Friday, February 26, 2016

Love the book, hate the author.

I came across a phenomena which I can't explain in book reading clubs. Some people really love reading books, but assume the worst about you when you testify that you also write.

Yeah, I was offended when people assumed I must be an egomaniac, or a terrible person just because I write. I mean, they don't even know me. Maybe, just maybe - I try to be a good person, help others and even feed the cats outside. Maybe I write because my life is kind of hard, and I need some escapism.

Let's assume the haters are right though, let's assume I, and every single author in the world is pure evil. Let's assume all authors have egos so big we tutor Kanye West on how to love himself so much.

So what?
You love the book, so read the book. Do we really need to establish the personality police? And if we do, who gets to qualify as a good person? Being quick to judge is a bad quality, isn't it? So in the end, people are people, I think. So lets hate a little less. The world's got enough darkness in it as it is. No need to add to the mix.

These are my thoughts, feel free to disagree,
Amit.

No comments:

Post a Comment